Monday, April 30, 2012

knitting shenanigans

Last week my cousin was posting about knitting on her blog, which got me thinking about when I learned how to knit.
That was a long time ago, and I have fallen out of practice.
In fact, I never really graduated beyond washcloths and scarves. >_>
This is frustrating to remember, because I have so many things I would much rather knit than buy.
Like socks.
And washcloths and scarves, I guess, but since I already know how to make those...
Anyway, I purchased some yarn, a new set of size 10 needles (because I cannot figure out where my other ones ended up), and a little book for beginner knitters. The book is the best, because it actually has photos, and tells me how to decipher other knitting patterns. Win!

Saturday was a cold, dreary, and rainy day, so I situated myself on the couch with my new knitting things, a cup of coffee, and the television remote. Tarzan was on, so I watched that while I set about relearning how to knit.

After watching Tarzan, the Titanic mini-series, and the Royal Wedding, I had succeeded in completing a lovely little scarf for my sister Heidi! She loves blue and brown together, and there happened to be a skein of yarn that was these two colors, so it worked out perfectly. I hope she likes it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment